If there's one thing that really grates on my nerves about student nights?
Like the title suggests when you arrive you see the photographers doing one of two things;
looking bored shitless
or taking photos of the same god damn people
Don't get me wrong I love getting a group photo as much as the next person but there's one thing when it comes me and my friends, the photographers memory cards in their big expensive cameras malfunction or they just miraculously loose the photo they took of us. Some of the time I actually look nice too!
Take the last student night I went to. It was themed around one of my favourite books and films of all time The Great Gatsby. And so when the leaflet arrived at the beginning of the term, I penciled it in, I bought a pencil skirt and I even went as far as buying a fedora. I looked mighty fine in my gangster get up and I was proud of my boyfriend because in my opinion, he was the hottest looking guy there.
We arrived at 11 standard timing for us and mainly for the fact that it was cheaper entry before . half past, but shh only you know we're cheap. Not only that they were selling champagne for £1.50 which we all knew was going to sell out within the hour. Pool was on the agenda but because I wanted our group of four to have a Gatsby photo to commemorate I was watching the photographers. As always taking lame photos of the same people.
Finally acquiring on of these mystical beings we finally managed to get a photo and we all looked rather cool, even if I do say so myself. Today the photos were uploaded and as per usual we weren't there. But I think I know why it's because we're not sheep and follow the herd like other people, we're the dark horses and you know what that's the best people to be. We're under the radar and can easily slip under the radar, making us the coolest people I know.
Here's the only good photo I've been papped in;
(haha I'm kidding, there aren't any)
No comments:
Post a Comment