There are times in life that you realise there's only one true friend you'll have, and that person is your soul mate. Even they have the chance to walk out of your life 'unexpectedly'. Criticise me all you want, I know I'm a hopeless romantic. But that's a good thing because I always had hope I'd find 'my one'. Granted I thought 'my one' was someone who wandered into my life way too early and frankly wasn't any good for me. All it took was my literal one to crash into my life to realise that the other wasn't all he was cracked up to be at all. But you know what? I'm happy now and will be forever.
I have very few friends a lot of the people I know now I can only call acquaintances but I don't care. Because just one of the people I hold in my heart can't compare to a thousand acquaintances, because in all honesty they don't 'know' who I am. People may know of me and my story, but they have no idea who I really am. It took me eighteen years and seven months to figure that one out, but at least I actually figured that one out, right?
Those I hold dear in my heart, know who they are, who I am and who we are.I couldn't be any more thankful for that, not only do I have the most amazing boyfriend but I also have the best group of true friends anyone could ask for. Until the end of time I will remember them and all I can do is hope they do too.
I wouldn't trade them for the universe and all of it's beautiful stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment